Over lunch today, Yuta Kawamura from Fujifilm asked what request do I have for future Fujifilm road map? To be honest I was a little stunned. Why? I don’t really have much request. I guess I am a pretty happy Fujifanboy! Contented or maybe I am too jaded. Too much gears in my life. This same question haunted me again tonight and this leads to me thinking harder and deeper. And thus this blogpost.
Dear Yuta San,
Thank you for lunch today and after much thought here are my request.
1. A monochrome X-Pro4 with screen like current X-T5. Yes, with IBIS too.
2. A set of 3 premium manual lens for X-series. 18mm, 23mm and 35mm. At least a F1.4 brightness. When I mention premium, means these sets of lens have amazing optics with no compromise. Make these lenses legendary!
3. Fixed lens 50 MP GFX. Similar design principle as X100 series. No IBIS needed. Make this camera as small as possible. Perfect medium format camera for travel and documentary work. Must be WR. Add another 2 convertor lens. Similar to X100 series.
4. Tilt/shift lens for X-series
5. A Full Frame X100 series camera. Why not? Still maintain a 35mm focal length (135mm format ) Add another 2 convertor lens. Similar to X100 series.
6. A true successor for X70.
7. Update for XF lenses.
a) XF18mm F2
b) XF14mm F2.8
c) XF35mm F1.4
Ivan joshua Loh
These are my request. And to all Fujifanboys and Fujifangirls; I am sure you do have requests too. Kindly leave your request in the comment section below. I will certainly be excited to see shared below. And I am sure HQ will certainly look into this and hopefully some of our request will be on the roadmap.